Thursday, March 1, 2007

Welcome!

Some of my friends have blogs on this site so I thought I'd give it a try. Welcome to my life! I'm having a lazy morning today, sitting in front of the computer in my pj's.
Tonight, JT and I are going to the Playhouse opening of "Moonlight & Magnolias". Should be fun. Having worked at the Playhouse last season, we now both get comps to all the shows, which is most generous, I think. The Arts Club only gives you comps when you're under contract. And tomorrow we're going to see another play: "A Delicate Balance". I swear I've seen more plays this year so far than I have in the last 2 combined! It's wonderful to see so many (and most of them have been free, too), but I can't help but wish that I had some work coming up. This is the first time in ages that Jon and I have not got contracts lined up- we've been spoiled this year. Working freelance is scary- I've always had the bookstore jobs to go back to, but my regular one of the last few years, Tanglewood Books, has reduced its size to one store, so there's no more work for me there. Both liberating (no more day job!) and terrifying at the same time. It'll be interesting to see what happens to us in the next few months. At least we have one more gig, in Kelowna, before true poverty sets in! We're off to K-town on Monday, and I'll be stage managing "The Back Kitchen Release Party" up there. This is a bit nerve-racking, as I'm usually a music director, not an SM. So we'll see what happens...
I'll try to remember to take pictures so this blog will start looking more interesting...
Cheers,
AJ

No comments: