Thursday, June 28, 2007

red

I type slimy-haired, head covered in goopy reddish dye, hoping to make my hair more vibrant, more interesting, more...
After trying the natural-colour thing for a good while I realized that I was just...bored with my hair colour as is: it's just good ol' BROWN, and there are more little dashes of grey peeking through that brown every month. With short, fine hair such as mine it's hard to make any sort of statement; it can drag down any kind of outfit & I'm sick of it! No more drabness! And I realize, with a little shame, that I am doing this to make myself more attractive- not just to myself but to others. If I dye my hair, lose some weight, dress like this, will you notice me? Will your eyes not skate over me as we pass but settle and approve? This is making me cranky, as is the fact that somehow this dye has gooped all over the bathroom floor, walls, my skin...
The price we pay for vanity. Sigh.

No comments: