Tuesday, October 16, 2007

a new low?

Yes folks, today was a special day. Today I made my debut as Polly the dancing pumpkin out at the pumpkin patch. I danced for about 4.5 hours, and my back will probably never be the same. Nor will I ever have warm, fuzzy thoughts about the innocence of children again. They mobbed me, punched me (luckily the costume is very round, so I didn't feel a thing) and pushed me around.
Actually, I had a lot of fun (I love to dance, and nothing gives ya more carte blanche to dance like a fool than a huge orange globe that covers your whole body!). My favorite quotes of the day:

1. Teacher: "Remember what we talked about, kids, about personal space? Well give the pumpkin some personal space, okay?"

2. Little girl, as I advance on her: "It's going to bite me!"

I will never complain about singing on the wagon again. I'll try and score a photo next time...

No comments: