Saturday, November 10, 2007

so.tired.so.happy.

Opening night has come and gone in a blur. It's getting near 1am and so, time for bed, but I had to write and just say that after the worry, the fear, the waking up at 5 this morning and so being in a zombie state for most of the day...
Well, the show adrenaline kicked in, as it always does, and I called a mean show. And the cast was amazing- they lit up in front of the audience and did their best performance ever. And the lighting designer, who I have a wee bit of a crush on, is still speaking to me, so I guess I didn't destroy his design. And even people who were at loggerheads yesterday were working backstage in perfect harmony and schmoozing together over the delicious food at the post-show reception.
Sometimes there are perfect storybook endings after all.
Now one more day of this and I have to start contemplating the fact that Something About Reptiles (the crazy Turkish band that I play with) may travel to Istanbul in a couple weeks' time. More on this soon...

No comments: