Thursday, December 13, 2007

D'you think...

...that eating a wheel of shortbread with breakfast might, just might, play havoc with my plans to look really slim 'n sexy by Spring??? Nah, didn't think so.
It is so intensely grey outside that it's taking all my willpower to change clothes and waddle off to the gym (to combat the negative effects of said shortbread), so I'm putting it off by writing this blog.
I think I'm slowly coming back to the land of the living after spending a diverting time in the land of the bronchially infected, with a not-so-brief foray into the Valley of the Jetlagged. Still really enjoying my sleep, though- J says "it's about time," having been a long-time fan of 11-hour "naps".
Yesterday I didn't get out of my pj's until sometime in the afternoon! On the bright side though, I did finish 3 arrangements of Eastern European tunes for the hopefully reborn Redboot Trio. I would post a sound clip here, but there seems to be no way to do that. I find there is something so satisfying about arranging music- when the pieces just seem to fit together perfectly. I, who have no time or patience for jigsaw puzzles, Scrabble, Sudoku or any of that stuff, will happily mess around with a song until it sounds just right. Hours will pass like minutes (as they did yesterday) and hopefully at the end of it I come out of my daze with some tasty new material. Can't wait to test these songs out on Russ & Amelia!
Ok, must go to the gym now. Can't put it off any more!

No comments: