Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday, midnight.

So I got home from work around 4 today, full of good resolutions to study for my upcoming Jazz Theory exam, which is on Monday. Instead, I was soooo sleepy, (perhaps it was the lemon-and-honey grog with the shot of potent Kyrgeze brandy- for my throat, of course), I decided a nap would be in order, and went down around 5:30, aiming to rise by 7 and begin anew. Yeah, well that didn't work out so good. I slept until 11:30pm, and now I'm up, and hoping I will sleep again by 1 or so. I don't know whether to blame the jet lag or my bronchitis, which is now in week friggin' four, or the fact that I'm mildly terrified about my general lack of funds and maybe my body's decided that if I'm sleeping, I'm not spending $.
You know, it really bites to be in this money (or rather, no-money) situation again after having been fairly well-off for the last couple of years. Thank god J is getting tons of editing work- that expensive camera and Final Cut he went out on a limb to buy turned out to be a heaven-sent idea. Now if only he would land a nice supporting role in some tv show and keep me in the style to which I've become accustomed...
I woke up at 5:30 on Thursday morning, galvanized by fear and dread. J found me huddled on the living room couch, sobbing my heart out. We can blame a lot of things- jet lag, although I don't know how long I can keep milking that excuse, sickness, even cigarette withdrawal (did I mention I smoked in Turkey? Well I did, and if you think I don't know how amazingly stupid that was, well I do), but basically it came down to me crying about my problems and J comforting me, which he is so good at, but I feel like a troll for making him do it, especially at such an ungodly hour.
You know, the suckiest time of year to have no money is... pre-Christmas.
Anyway, enough whining. I know there are many blessings for me to ennumerate, so I'll do so, so you don't think I'm a total bitch:
  • my incredible, all-expenses-paid trip to foreign lands;
  • my part-time work at Tanglewood Books, which may at least help me to pay the rent;
  • my lovely man, who is the best cuddler around;
  • some upcoming gigs- nothing makes me feel more Christmassy than singing and playing music
And, because I've been reading the wonderful blog Sweet Juniper and drolling over their incredible photos of abandoned buildings of Detroit, here are some more pictures of Istanbul for your viewing pleasure... G'night.

No comments: