Sunday, January 20, 2008

Blogging Into The Void

I see the stats every week, and they're usually pretty depressing. Each week one or two people view this blog, on average, probably by mistake, and move on, never to read it again. I get it. I'm not getting any blogging awards, few comments, almost no readers. And yet... it feels good just to put my words out here, even if it's just for me. I used to be so good at journaling when I was younger, and it feels great to do that again (even though I seldom re-read my entries, because doing so skews my site stats and I don't want to get all excited about my many readers only to realize oh no, that's just me). My world lacks structure right now- work is elusive, gigs come and go, no week is the same. "Writing" in this electronic diary is one of the few things I do regularly, and I'm proud that I've kept it up for so long. BTW, sorry about the lack of photos lately. I'm not taking any pix right now, but that's another habit I need to start keeping up on a regular basis.
Speaking of habits... I smell of cigarette smoke tonight, because I bummed 3 off Amelia, and I'm not proud of that. I will stop, I will stop, I will stop...
It's been a fabulous week of music; lots of practicing, rehearsing and performing. Tomorrow, the Redboot Quartet records a demo and has a photo shoot, which should be fun. We played at the Push Festival fundraiser on Thursday (after midnight, and I had school the next morning which was hard) and we were popular, by all accounts. Then I saw friends playing last night and tonight, which I haven't done in a long while. Hanging out tonight with friends while J shot the bands with his HD camera I was filled with joy to be spending the evening with such wonderful musicians who also happen to be lovely friends. It's a funny life, this, and it's hard, but the rewards are huge.
This week: school (which I have to get caught up on- this lack of schedule in my life is making me listless about homework), hopefully some work, (had a job interview on Friday for a store near me that pays abysmally but is flexible and seems fun), and... babysitting twins! Yes, the same ones I looked after a few month ago. But I'll get paid this time and they're pretty cute, although they're super-exhausting. And it'll be a good reminder to keep gulping the birth control pills, ha ha.

No comments: