Wednesday, February 6, 2008

a feeling of satisfaction

Oh what a good musician am I! Probably 6 hours of practicing, all told, today, and the thing is, it goes by in no time! Blues assignment to write on the accordion, reviewing some old songs on there, arpeggios to practice on the clarinet, a jazzy song to finish writing, a Patty Griffin cover song to learn, 2 hours of playing with Trevor get ready for a gig... There was so much more I didn't even get to. Sooo not like when I was a kid, and a 1/2 hour of piano practice was an endless hell. My voice is tired now, but honestly I could play some more if it wasn't so late. And I wonder why I don't always make time in my life to do this, as I should, and I hope, again, that I will find the discipline within myself to make this happen on a regular basis. A real musician would.

No comments: