Sunday, March 2, 2008

Ginger Tea & Party Updates.

Last night I looked around at all the guests at our 10th anniversary bash in wonder: all these people showed up just for us! Jon & I don't throw a lot of parties (our place being small and not soundproof), so it was a bit nerve-racking waiting for guests to arrive at our friend Gord's funky studio apartment. There was food (piles of it), ambiance, music... And in the middle of the evening I looked around at everyone who'd shown up: family, bandmates, theatre people, friends we'd known for years, friends we wanted to know better, and I was so happy, because the lines were so blurred. Family=Friends. Coworkers=Friends. Jon's friends=My friends and vice versa. Our work life and our family and our social life are all intertwined in the best way. And I got to celebrate 10 years with the best man in the world in front of all the people who mean so much to both of us. We are truly lucky.

By the way, here's a great flu-fighter I've been glugging today: hot water, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, cayenne, maple syrup, and some black seeds that the prophet Mohammed ate (and he was never sick, apparently). Redboot Steve made it today for us during rehearsal, and I thought it would be gross but it was surprisingly tasty. Wish I knew what the black seeds were called, 'cause if they were good enough for the Prophet...

No comments: