Sunday, April 20, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Progress has been made: after weeks of picking our way around piles of clothing and other detritus we can now officially see the floor of our bedroom once again! J's dad recently moved into a new place and we were happy to give him all the pieces of furniture we no longer wanted: bedside tables, side tables, J's hideous '80's-style black lacquer dresser... of course, all these items were home to a remarkable pile of junk and clothes, which ended up all over the floor as we have yet to replace them with new furniture! The Mexico trip, J's many video projects and my travels since have delayed our attempts to clean up, but nothing makes me want to clean more than having to study. My Jazz Theory final is tomorrow morning, so it made perfect sense to waste the morning tidying rather than hit the books...

The post-holiday blues have officially hit and I am feeling itchy in my skin, restless, dissatisfied. Even the thought of flying is appealing instead of terrifying. Compounding this malaise is the fact that my lucky brother and his new bride are leaving tomorrow night on a 3-week honeymoon tour of the UK & Italy. It is time to clean inside and out; to rid myself of the psychic junk that's holding me back: jealousy, fear, laziness, bad money-management, gluttony...

To love and improve myself at the same time- a daunting task.

No comments: