- rise late (I've been trying to change that, but damn, I need my sleep right now!)
- go directly to computer, preferably clutching a beverage of some sort: water, tea, lemonhoney- whatever.
- check these things in the following order: headlines, fave blogs, email. Draw this part of the day out as long as possible.
- do whatever needs doing: practice, cleaning, cooking
- go early to the university and take advantage of their big Aquatic Centre. Swim, steam and sauna before the show so you feel like a piece of cooked spaghetti.
- 15-minute physical warm up before show (optional if swimming has been done)
- 20-minute vocal warm up (mandatory for all cast members; led by moi.)
- spend 90 minutes in Greek Tragedy land.
- schmooze with whoever came to see the show, and hopefully cadge a ride home with them.
- repeat computer routine, and go to bed.
In other news, I went ahead and booked a ticket to Toronto for March, where I'll meet up with my mom and the "Emperor" cast and spend a couple of days reacquainting myself with the city of my birth. A bit self-indulgent, but hey. I haven't been to TO in almost 20 years and although it will be great to see my mom again I really want to see:
St. Lawrence Market
Spadina & Chinatown
some old family friends I haven't seen in forever.
2009- the year of travel! Bring it on.