Thursday, January 19, 2012

loose lips

I have been eating all day.
My excuse: it's cold (for Vancouver). I can't complain- friends up north tell me it's minus 30 where they are. Suddenly minus three doesn't seem all that bad. It's a good thing this cold snap is an anomaly; a whisper of icy wind and my body reaches for the chips. And the bread. And the candy. Andandand...
Now I understand why the little old ladies in cold Slavic countries are round, more often than not.
I had a lazy day, eating and checking Facebook far more often than I should. This evening, someone posted this article.
I read it and saw more of myself in there than I was comfortable with.
Not in the wife, who weathered a bad year and saved her marriage, at least for the time being...
...but in the person who wanted to leave his marriage because his pride and self esteem were at a low ebb. Because it was easier to wipe the slate clean with an angry hand than to stay and rebuild. I thought about this for a moment. Went a ways down the road of maybe and if and why. But then I shook my head.
What's done is done. It doesn't matter why I left. I don't know if I'll ever really know all the reasons why. It's too late to go back, even if I wanted to. What I need to do is make sure that I do the best I can, always. That in the future I'm as classy as I can be, and as honest, and as kind.
And that includes what I choose to say, both here and in person...
...because I'm a "tell the world" kinda gal. When I have important news-especially if it's about love- I tend to blurt it out to everyone I meet.
There are few things as satisfying as telling someone something juicy and getting a great reaction. But...
It's not very kind. Or very classy. Or very mature. And the things I write here could come back to haunt me in a big way. Even if they don't, I don't want to be ashamed of the things I've said.
So while I can't guarantee that I won't sometimes blurt out a juicy tidbit to the right person, I AM going to try to be a wee bit more discreet.
Because frankly, things are getting more interesting by the day around here.
More news on that when I figure out what to say, and how to say it.

No comments: